Attention Placer County Baseball Fans! The Auburn Wildcats need your support!
The Auburn Wildcats are recruiting Hosts Families for the 2013 Season!
Our players come from all over the country, sometimes from Foreign Countries and these players need a place to call home for about 9-10 weeks this summer!
ALL of our players requiring a host family are current Collegiate baseball players furthering their baseball careers. Last year 3 of our players signed profesional contracts!
The summer collegiate baseball program provides exposure:
- For the Graduating High School Player to experience college level baseball, college programs, and professional scouts
- For JC players to coaches of 4 years universities and professional acouts
- For University player to professional scouts
Our season runs from May 30th until August 5th. The Wildcats will play approximately 42 games plus playoffs. Wildcat minicamp starts May 24th, culminating with the Red/Black scrimmage May 27th . Players will start arriving May 22nd.
Being a Host family is a unique and rewarding experience. Our players are outstanding Academic Students, committed Ballplayers, and Role Models in the community. The bond between a host family and player typically results in a long friendship. The player can be a mentor to the Host Family Student Athlete. Host families get season passes to all Wildcat Events and typically become part of the Wildcat family!
The summer college basebal player:
- Will have 20 home games at James Field in Auburn. All games are at night.
- Will be travelling many nights during the summer. Some weeks you can expect the player to be gone for 3-5 days. It is always good fro the player to have somewhere to come home to.
- May be looking for part time employment, or summer internships on off days
- Is expected to integrate with the host family, including chores, contributing to meals, and abiding by the house rules.
You will forever have the knowledge that you:
- Assisted a young Baseball Player pursue his dream of playing college baseball and ultimately an opportunity to play organizaed professional baseball
- Provided a summer Home for a Collegiate Athlete.
- Contributed to the Auburn Wildcats Summer Collegiate Baseball Club with its most pressing, and much appreciated
A HOST FAMILY