Welcome to the 2008 Maple Valley Bulldogs new home page!
I’m looking forward to another fun year of Bulldog baseball! Being that we have 8 great returning players and 4 excellent new editions to our Bulldog family, I’m expecting to witness some very exciting and rewarding competitive baseball. Let it be known that by joining the Bulldogs, it’s about the parents as much as it's for the players. In other words, we like to have fun and enjoy each other’s company so be prepared. Below I have outlined my coaching objectives for this coming season:
1) Have fun! If your child is not having fun then please let me know asap.
2) Practice safety (before, during & after practices or games).
3) Put forth our best effort (individually and as a team). You will hear me say SEVERAL times, “You play like you practice”.
4) Be a team – we will succeed or fail as a team (we’ll spend time on what being a team really means and what being a good teammate means).
5) Teach and learn good sportsmanship - winning is secondary to good sportsmanship (this means respecting teammates, opponents, coaches, umpires, parents, the game and ourselves)!
6) Teach and learn the basic fundamentals of baseball - poor fundamentals and mechanics are hard to “unlearn” at a later date so we will be spending a lot of time teaching the basics.
If we achieve our objectives, the Bulldogs will be a successful team regardless of our record. My personal goal is ensure that each player enjoy the game of baseball, grow in their knowledge and skill of it, and learn how to compete successfully in the spirit of the game.
Rain out phone number is:(206) 205-9187 (Lake Francis, Ravensdale, Levdansky, Maple Valley Heights, and Petrovitsky)