AMERICAN LEGION TRYOUTS
TRAIL ORIOLES AA
TRAIL ORIOLES A
We are please to open up the 2016 American Legion Baseball season with our annual tryouts.
Each player will be evaluated on all 5 tools of the game of baseball
- Arm Strength/Accuracy
- Hitting for average/power
- Baseball IQ
Good luck to all and best of luck in your season.
ALL PLAYERS MAKING THE AA TEAM WILL PARTICIPATE WITH THE AA TEAM IN THE XBL THIS SEASON
Friday April 1, 2016
4:45 pm Registration at Butler Park
- Warm up legs
- Run timed 60 yards each player goes twice
- Warm up arms
- Throw from Right Field to 3rd base. Each player will get 4 throws.
- Throw from SS to 1st base.
2 right at you
- This will be done twice;
1st player go to primary position
2nd player go to secondary position
Sunday April 2, 2016
11:00am – 3:00 pm
- Warm up
- Same routine as Friday, it will be done twice
- Batting Practice
- Players will be broken up into groups.
- There will be a live station, and cage station.
- Live hitting with consist of 2 bunts, 8 swings, 6 swings and 3 swings. (All players will have the cage station before they hit at the live station.)
2:00 – 2:45 pm
- Pitchers will throw Bullpens
- Non Pitchers will work on skills
- Catchers will need to be in full gear
Coaches will leave to address teams.
TEAMS WILL BE ANNOUNCED
- Depending on participation, times may vary slightly
- Players who are selected for the AA team will have to participate in the XBL this year with the AA team.
- AA team will have a practice on Sunday April 3, at 10:00 am