Welcome to the 2017 U-16 Kenosha Merchants
The Kenosha Merchants are a traveling baseball organization started about 16 years ago with the funding assistance of local area businesses which is how the team name was created. The goal of the program is to recruit kids to play a higher level of baseball and compete against other traveling teams in Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois and to continue developing them for playing at the high school level. Our team is a non-profit organization and our coaches donate their time and energy to this endeavor without any monetary compensation. Funding for our team comes from donations, sponsorships, fundraisers, and parents. Our team attempts to cover the entire expense of each player’s participation which includes equipment, tournament fees, uniforms, practice fees, etc.
In 2017 this team will compete in 7-8 tournaments following high school baseball and will be in its sixth year together. The team is led by Head Coach Chris Lahti and Assistant Coaches Tony Bonofiglio and Keith Hughes.
Over the past 5 seasons, the team had a combined record of 153-57 in league/tournament play. They have also accomplished the following:
- 3 time American Legion/Merchants Wiffle Ball Tournament Champions (2012, 2013, 2014)
- 2016 (U15) De Pere, Crystal Lake Mickey Sund Classic and GMB Great Lakes Championships tournament champions.
- 2015 (U-14) Watertown Storm Armageddon Tournament Champions
- 2014 (U-13) Pleasant Prairie Predators Slugfest and Watertown Storm Armageddon Tournament Champions
- 2013 (U-12) Mike’s Memorial League Season and Tournament Champions
- 2012 (U-11) Racine Bash by the Lake, AABC Illinois State Champions and Mike’s Memorial League Season and Tournament Champions