Friday
Sep 30/16
8:15 pm
PST

Black Bettys
HOME
ballcharts.com/blackbettys

Admin

Attendance:


Grand Forks
BC
Canada







Team Ticker:
  • Welcome to the new home of the Black Betty's
  • This page is currently under construction. Please check back as new information will be added soon.
Weather
Countdown to End of MLB Regular Season
(Oct 2/05)


Posted Dec 10/13 - Tournament Post Meeting

Black Bettys Post Tournament Meeting

December 9, 2013

Station Pub – Phoenix Room

 

 

7:03 pm - Attending:  Gail Clark, Pepe Ludwar, Val Wright, Tam Clark, Dayna Esson (notes).

Late:  Ang McIver (7:08pm), Sarah Unruh, Bec Sneddon (7:12pm)

 

Tam Clark – needing Sabrina to be taken off the Bettys account in order for her to be added so she can pay bills and have signing authority with Colleen on the account.

 

Gail and Pepe handed in receipts to Tam for reimbursement for expenses incurred for buns and stuff for the chili and the Thank you add in the Gazette for donations.

 

Sarah gave the debit card back to Tam.

 

Tournament Feedback:

 

  • We should be serving coffee in the warm room.
  • Half way during the tournament beer started to be brought to the dressing rooms for the players.  Maybe this was because certain teams did not pick up their packages to receive their beer tickets.
  • Drinking beer in the dressing rooms is not covered by our liquor license.  Even though it is “over-looked” by arena staff, it puts some of our team members at risk legally. 
  • Ang said she was going to look into finding a legal way to do this.  If it is not possible, we need to make this clear for next year.
  • More food was needed for Saturday we need to address this for next year.
  • Mens final was very competitive maybe consider a round robin option for next year.
  • Invites need to include more information
    • Recreational tournament
    • Semi- Competitive
    • No college players
    • No carded players
    • Etc…
  • Ang was going to find out more information about a beer gardens grant she heard about.
  • Team rosters should be filled out in advance.  Consider sending out roster templates to teams via email which will accompany tournament payment.
  • It was mentioned that the Cougars were “out of our league” and somewhat condescending while playing.  We will not invite them back next year due to the fact that they are too advanced for the rest of the ladies teams.
  • Playing time should go later on Saturday so teams have more time to get home on Sunday.
  • Trail could not play on Friday which is why they were stuck with two 8am games.
  • We need to make sure invites go out sooner or have tighter deadlines for fee submission so we can have more time to make and fill the schedules.
  • Ang suggested that we have two new people to organize the tournament next year.  Val suggested that the new person(s) are shadowed by someone with the experience so we don’t miss anything.
  • Next year we will have one head organizer and a tournament committee.  Christine emailed Sarah and Tam a check list for tournament duties.  This will allow more Bettys to share in the responsibilities and lessen the load for the main organizer(s).  Dayna will be working on this with a few team members to ensure the list is as accurate and detailed as possible. 
  • Some team members did not step up to the plate soon enough for filling clock and beer garden shifts.  Next year, there will be a deadline for sign up and then players will be scheduled by the committee to fill in spots that are not covered.  It will be the responsibility of those players to switch shifts or find replacements.
  • Val will be sending Dayna some of her templates for the tournament to keep on file.
  • Ang said Stu made good money and was happy with the weekend.
  • Tam suggested maybe a burger and a beer special next year.  We should connect with Stu again pre-season to find out what is best for him.
  • We made $313 on the baskets.  The final number is not in yet from Sarah due to the fact that some receipts had not been submitted for reimbursement.  If anyone has receipts, please submit them to Sarah or Tam by the end of practice on Thursday, Dec 12.

 

 

Other Comments Team Related:

 

  • We will be bringing back the tournament sign-up sheets to practices.  One initial email will go out to the whole team and sign up will be done at practices. 
  • Looking at the option of handing off some of the “tournament invites” to individuals attending those specific tournaments to disburse the load from Sarah for keeping track of who is going to what tournament.  Nothing was finalized at this meeting, this should be discussed further.
  • Val mentioned that there were tonnes of ladies teams at the Wenatchee tournament, she will contact them to see if we can get more in the loop.
  • We also need to find more contacts for mens teams.  We should designate a few Bettys to take this on when we go out of town for tournaments.  Making sure we pass on our new email address as a contact.

 

 blackbetty.hockey@gmail.com

 

  • There was some discussion of team members who have paid for the season and who have signed up for our home tournament to have dibs on playing first rather than basically making the teams as even as possible.  It was mentioned that it wasn’t fair to those that come to practice on a regular basis play with members that can’t make it out regularly – implying that there should be an option to play with more consistent team to get used to playing better together.  Dayna halted the conversation and suggested this be discussed before the September 2014 playing season. 

 

  • Tam suggested we have more meetings.  More information to follow.

 

  • Meeting adjourned 8:09pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________                  _________________________________

                            Name                                                                                         Signature

 

 

_____________________________________                _________________________________

                         Name                                                                               Signature

 

 

 

Notes from Dayna post meeting:

 

Sorry to get all “official” on y’all but…..I am going to suggest that we have more structured meetings.  Tam mentioned that in order for her to be added to the account we needed official minute notes signed by two people.


We should have an agenda and try to stick to the topics being discussed.  I found that the meeting went off topic a few times and there were too many people interrupting each other. 

 

I have started an agenda for items that were missed as well as items that need to be discussed further.

 

If you have comments about things we talked about please try to make it to the next meeting and if your topic is not on the list, please send me an email and I will add it.

 

Future Agenda Items:

 

General Meeting

Tam signing authority follow up

Follow up on tournament sign up sheets

Tournament “hand off”

Val – Contact Wenatchee ladies teams

Contacts for mens teams

 

Tournament Meeting

Beer in the dressing rooms – Ang more info on legal way?

Mens final

Details on invites

Deadlines on invites

Food for weekend

Committee Selection

Ang – beer garden grant

Checklist

Val templates sent

Stu food special

Baskets?  New ideas?

Creating teams – paid vs drop in

Team fees adjusted?

Posted Nov 29/13 - Tournament Schedule

Black Bettys Hockey

Tournament

Friday Nov 29

TIME                           RM                                                 TEAMS                                                   RM

5:15pm

3

Black Bettys

White Bettys

4

6:45pm

2

Bulls

BE Lightening

1

8:15pm

4

Dusters

P North Stars

3

9:45pm

2

Cougars

Jets

1

 

Saturday Nov 30

TIME                           RM                                                TEAMS                                                   RM

8:00am

3

Smokettes

White Bettys

4

9:30am

2

BE Lightening

P North Star

1

11:00am

4

Bulls

Dusters

3

12:30pm

1

Jets

White Bettys

2

2:00pm

4

Black Bettys

Cougars

3

3:30pm

1

Dusters

BE Lightening

2

5:00pm

4

Jets

Smokettes

3

6:30pm

2

Bulls

P North Star

1

 

Sunday Dec 1

TIME                           RM                                                TEAMS                                                  RM

8:00am

1

Smokettes

Cougars

2

9:30am

4

Black Bettys

Jets

3

11:00am

1

Mens #3

Mens #4

2

12:30pm

3

Cougars

White Bettys

4

2:00pm

2

Black Bettys

Smokettes

1

3:30pm

4

Mens Final #1

Mens Final #2

3

 

Posted Nov 16/13 - Home Tourney Teams 2013

White Bettys

Erica

 

Leona    Pepe

Kara       Lynn

 

Tanis      Denniece             Sash

Steph    Bree                      Beck     

Val          Christine              Crystal

 

 

Black Betty’s

 

Teara

 

Dayna   Gail

Kim        Geena

 

Sarah     Tam       Ang

Jamie    Lilly         Lisa C

Colleen Tamara Jeanie

 

·         Deb will play for Lisa C Friday and Dayna Saturday

Posted Sep 30/13 - Drop In Fees / Home Tourney

Hi ladies,
 
We had our team disscusion with the ladies that came to practice on Thursday.  It was a very good turn out for ice,  Out of the 20 of us who skated, ther were 12 who stayed for the discussion.   After a lot of talking about the pro's and cons about us raising our fees, we still decided that we need to keep our drop in cost at $20.  We are not raising the fees so that we can try and make money, it's so we can cover our ice costs.  We have 14 girls who have paid there 120.00, so we need to to have a miniuim of 4 people per week coming and paying drop in at $20 just to cover our ice cost from the beginning of Sept-Dec. 
   
     We talked about the various different things we could do to help us not lose money for in the years to come, like starting later in the season, not practicing until the end of march, but those of us that do pay the full price a head of time also expect to get those ice times.   Yes we have money in our bank account but the idea is to not deplete it, and have to pay out of it just to cover ice cost.  We want to play hockey we should be responsible for our ice individually, not the whole team having to pay out of the account.  We understand that $20 seems to be a bit steep for some, as life is not cheap, but neither is hockey.  As well we have some of the most expensive ice in the province.   None of us want people to stop coming out cause of cost we all have so much fun with eachother and love seeing everybody out!!  but the reality of it is, if we can't cover our ice costs, bottom line NO HOCKEY!!
 
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this topic, but unless we have numbers to support, what else are we suppose to do?   The advantage to paying your full fees is so that you can get a discount, and if you have to pay drop in, than you don't get the deal, that's pretty standard for most things.  We really hope that we don't lose too many of you due to this decision, but at this point we feel the need to keep it the same for this year.  We can have another discussion about this matter next year!
 
There are a few of you that have been coming out on a regular basis that haven't paid neither drop in or full fees, please could you get your money into me asap, as we do need to cover our costs!! you have until Oct 15th to get the deal of 120.00 otherwise it goes up to 150.00 after that! that covers you from Sept-Dec and then we will pay again in January.
 
On to a different note:
I have sent the invite out for our home tournament, and we need to know how many of you ladies want to play in the tourny?  this will determine if we have 2 teams or not.  There was 20 ladies at hockey on Thursday, some had left before we asked but there were 14 of us that want to play which is already one team plus 1, and those ladies have paid all there fees up.  We are giving everybody until Oct 20th to decide whether or not they want to play in the home tourny.  I have emailed many ladies teams and if we can't get commitment from enough girls to commit from our ladies team we will have to go with 1 team.  I am not sure exactly how much we are going to pay as of yet for our home tourny, but your money and  commitment deadline for the tourny again will be October 20th, then it'll open up to other teams.  Just because you pay drop in doesn't mean that you can't play, let me know if you want to, and then if there is any outstanding fees you owe from thursday hockey, that'll need to be paid first, as well as your tournament fees.  Maybe you and someone else want to share the tourny, so if that's what you would like to do, talk to a buddy and figure that out, but again let me know asap please.   Please stay tuned for more information about the tournament, ther will be many various jobs that will need to be done.   We all need to do our part to help this tournament run smooth.  I will get this information out as soon as can be,  but with plenty of notice,  
 
we also plan to Cancel ice on halloween, as most of us will be out and about with our kids, if there is enough of you who want to skate, let me know asap, but again we need numbers to support it.  And we will be canceling ice in between Christmas and New years, as too many people are way to busy with the holidays!!
 
 
Thanks
Sarah 
 

Posted Sep 23/13 - Creston Tourney

Hi Ladies, so it's looking like Creston is a go for us!  Ang contacted the Creston ladies, and if we can't fill a full roster they are more than willing to help us out for players.  We also met today to talk and iron out some details of our home tourny, so stay tuned for updates on that.  We skate again at 8:30pm this Thursday Sept 26 evening.

Welcome to the Black Betty's Home Page!

Black Betty - Ram Jam




 


Free Team Pages, Free League Pages
Powered by BallCharts.com - free team & league websites