Dear BCVC Parents and Players,
On behalf of the entire coaching staff at BCVC, we would like to say we missed you all terribly during the COVID-19 pandemic. As eager as we all are, it is our goal to ensure the safety of all players, coaches and spectators as we begin to ease back into the indoor season.
According to the Governor there are new restrictions that will be loosening beginning this week. With this being said, we are looking for new practice sites for all of our teams now that we know our schools will not be opening back up anytime soon.
Like businesses we will open in phases. In our Phase I we will ALL begin our first week back on the sand courts at Sports on Sand “SOS”- the old Tropics on the causeway following the social distancing and shared equipment guidelines. During this week we will be focusing on individual skills, footwork and conditioning. During this, we will not share equipment; we will give each player a ball for the practice and do our best to regulate. This ball will be sanitized but feel free to bring your own regulation sized ball.
We ask that you discuss these guidelines with your daughter and discuss as a family our expectations of all participants and spectators.
- Temperature taken at the beginning of practice-any player with a low grade temperature of 100.4 or greater will be denied practice and asked to leave. (be sure to stick around for a moment and be sure your child is granted entry)
- Players are REQUIRED to bring their own water bottles-no water fountain use.
- Players are REQUIRED to bring their own sweat towel to prevent touching their face.
- Coaches will sanitize all volleyballs before, during and after practice.
- Players will be given a ball to use during drills –they are to retrieve and use the same ball throughout drills.
- Hand sanitizing will take place before-during and after practice. Sanitizer is being provided at each site.
- Try to refrain from facility bathroom use/and if a must-1 at a time.
- Practices are not “closed” but we encourage that you do not stay; only 1 spectator if necessary and no children allowed other than the BCVC player. Spectators MUST WEAR A MASK.
- Practice times will be announced according to the coaches’ schedules.
- New tournament dates will be given out from your coach along with the new practice times.
Phase II we hope to move practices to an indoor facility to be announced. We appreciate all of you working with us to help make this transition back into volleyball as smooth as possible.
Again, be reassured that BCVC staff members will do our best to protect the team as we transition back onto the court.
We appreciate your support. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me the Director or your specific coach.