EDMONTON CARDINALS BASEBALL
11th Annual Peter DeVries Tournament Rules
1. All games will be played by the official rules of Baseball Canada, with the exception of allowing an optional courtesy runner (who is not in the line-up) for the catcher with two out.
2. This is a wood bat tournament.
3. There will be no pitch count for this tournament.
4. All games are seven innings. If the score is tied, extra innings will be played to determine the winner (time permitting).
5. A 10-run mercy rule is in effect after five innings, or 4 1/2 innings if the home team is leading.
6. The home team for round-robin games has been pre-determined on the schedule. First place teams in each pool will be the home team in the semi-finals on Sunday. A pre-game coin toss will determine the home team in the championship final and in the two Sunday consolation games at Goldstick Park.
7. The home team should occupy the third-base dugout, except in cases of inconvenience where a team playing back-to-back games would have to switch dugouts.
8. Each team will be allowed a 10-minute infield. The home team will take infield first. Teams must be prepared to take infield practice as soon as the infield has been maintained in order for games to start on time.
9. Each team will play the other three teams in its pool. At the conclusion of round robin play the first place team in each pool will advance to the crossover semi-final against the second place team from the other pool.
10. In the event of any tie in round-robin play, the following tie-breaking methods will be employed:
b) If three or more teams are tied, the record in games involving the tied teams.
c) In the event a tie remains:
I) least runs scored by opponents (all 3 games)
II) most runs scored by your team (all 3 games)
III) Coin flip
11. The tournament committee will make any changes or rulings that may become necessary during the tournament due to unforeseen situations or circumstances.
Tournament Director ♦ Janet Semeniuk ♦ 780-233-9241 (cell)
A batting cage is available at John Fry Park. Teams playing there can use the cage for 30 minutes with home team starting 1½ hours prior to their scheduled game and visiting team starting 1 hour before the game.