Tryouts for the 2022-23 Season (updated May 24, 2022)
Information is subject to change as we proceed through the remainder of the school year. Check back often for updates.
Tryouts are for girls going into 6th, 7th, or 8th grade. Tryouts will be May 25th-27th from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on May 25th; 3 p.m.-5 p.m. May 26th and 10:30-12:30 a.m. on May 27th (if needed) at the WCHS Gym. Everyone, including players from the previous season MUST BE PRESENT for tryouts. Former players (players on the 2021-22 roster) must be present at least one day of tryouts. No volleyball experience is needed to tryout. Fundamental skills will be taught at tryouts.
- At check-in players should have the following
- a copy of their most recent physical (unless already turned in)
- signed Assumption of Risk form -go to the Handouts page to find form mentioned.
- Participants should wear t-shirt, shorts, and athletic shoes (PLEASE no canvas shoes like Toms or Vans).
- Participants MUST bring a water bottle with a tight closing lid. Styrofoam cups with plastic lids are not allowed. THERE WILL BE NO SHARING OF WATER BOTTLES.
- Tryouts are closed to participants only. No spectators allowed.
Students who are repeating the previous grade are not eligible to have a position on a school athletic team. Be advised that all volleyball players must have a 2.0 GPA in order to have a position on the team.