When and where is the Tryouts taking place?
Saturday, September 17, 2017 - Nashville, TN
Event ends at 11:30am
McMurray Middle School
520 McMurray Drive, Nashville, TN 37211
Who can try out?
- Any eligible person age 20 or older (May 1st), as long as either (i) you have graduated high school, or (ii) the class you would have graduated with has graduated.
Are there any costs?
- Yes, the cost is $10 per person if pre-registered. $15 at the door If players wish to pay online, please let me know and I will send a link.
What does my registration fee include?
- Registration fee includes the opportunity to participate in a minimum of two games.
How can I sign up?
Can I register on the day of the Tryouts?
- Yes, but registering at the tryouts will take between 5-15 minutes and will limit your warm up time.
What is the format of the Tryouts?
- Each player will do 15-20 minute warm up drills and then will be assigned to a team consisting of other players participating in the Tryout and will play a minimum of three (3) 10-minute games during the course of the day. Team assignments and the schedule will be provided on-site. The focus of the Tennessee Lady Hornets Tryout is mainly focused on game play, not skill workouts.
Do I need to stay the entire time?
- Once you have completed your third game and your coach has addressed your team, you are free to leave. We recommend that you stay in the gym between games to meet with your coach and teammates.
What happens after the Tryouts?
- The Tennessee Lady Hornets Basketball Operations group will notify you by phone or email, no later than Febraury 29, 2016, if you have been selected to receive a player contract, which will make you available to play in the 2016 WBCBL season in April.
What do I need to cover after the Tryout?
- Players will have to cover expenses such as uniform and insurance.
Will food be provided?
- No, the Tennessee Lady Hornets will not provide food but gatorades/powerades will be available for purchase inside the facility. It is recommended you bring your own lunch and snacks for the day. Be sure to clean up after yourself.
What can I bring into the facility? Do I need to bring my own towel, water, etc?
- The Tennessee Lady Hornets will provide water and/or Gatorade sports drink for sale. Please bring anything else you need to play three 10-minute games (i.e. towels, sneakers, ankle braces, extra socks, energy bars, etc.)
Will there be trainers or medical personnel onsite in case of injuries, ankle taping, etc?
- No, there will be no athletic trainers and medical services personnel on-site.
Do I need an agent to participate?
- You do not need an agent to participate.
What happens if I sign up and cannot attend? Will my money be refunded?
- There are no refunds for anyone who signed up and cannot attend the Tryout.
Will I be reimbursed for any travel costs?
- The Tennessee Lady Hornets will not provide reimbursement for any travel costs.
What do I need to bring to check-in? Do I need to bring an ID?
- Yes, you must bring a valid photo ID.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Yes, all participants are required to sign a waiver. You can print the waiver if you pre-register.
Will there be any transportation to and from the event?
- The Tennessee Lady Hornets will not provide any transportation for participants. We are a basketball organization, not a taxi service.
Will the Tennessee Lady Hornets provide a hotel if necessary?
- The Tennessee Lady Hornets will not provide or arrange any hotel accommodations.
Can my friends and family watch?
- Yes. The Tennessee Lady Hornets Tryout is a open event. The cost is $2 per person