TRYOUTS FOR THE 2016 SEASON
7am-9am- all players ( incoming 9th- 12)
12pm-2pm- Freshman only
3-5pm- Returning students only (10th-12)
*Teams will be picked after last session on August 2nd. Please plan to wait 30 min. after last tryouts
All paperwork and forms must be completed prior to Aug. 1st.
online forms- www.rankonesport.com, email or drop of uitlity bill & birth certificate ( 9th only)
1) We begin on the first day at 7:00 AM with a 2 hour session. Check In will start at 6:30am. We will take a break for lunch, then return in the afternoon for the skills session. You can expect a similar schedule on the second day of tryouts.
2) There will be physical fitness testing at tryouts. We will test your cardiovascular endurance, your vertical jump and your speed/agility. I want you to know that if you show up at tryouts without having worked out all summer, the testing will be very difficult. We EXPECT you to workout (running and weight lifting) and play volleyball over the summer!
3) We will test your fundamental volleyball skills as well as your ability to play on a team. Be prepared to show us how well you can play! Also, please know before you come to tryouts what position you would like to tryout for. Some of our decision making in regards to choosing teams comes from the positions people play.
4) At the begining of the first day of tryouts, you will recive a schedule with practices and games for the reminder of August. Tryouts will last for two days (Monday and Tuesday). After the second session on Tuesday, you will be called in individually and told by the coaches if you made a team or not. At that time, the coaches will reflect on your tryout and let you know what we feel are your strengths and weaknesses. Please understand that we will be honest with you!
5) After tryouts are over and teams have been chosen, we will have two-a-day practices (similar to the times of tryouts).
6) Our first scrimmage will be held on Friday, August 5, 2016, at Cy-Falls High School.
7) Remember...we expect a 100% commitment from August 1st on. Please schedule family vacations and camps before tryouts begin!!
Louise Crite- Head Coach
A native of Monrovia, Liberia, I graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Dallas, TX, and went on to play collegiate volleyball and basketball at Jarvis Christian College. I graduated from Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas with a Kinesiology Degree and also received my Master’s degree from Kaplan University in Special Education. I am currently working on a second Masters in School Counseling from Lamar University.
I have been coaching and teaching for 8 years. Experience ranging from coaching 2 years at Texas College in Tyler TX, and 6 years in public schools. I have a strong passion for volleyball and teaching students not just how to play the game of volleyball, but life lessons that will carry them after high school.
I’ve been married for 7 years, no children, but I have a wonderful dog by the name of Duke.
I am very excited about joining the Mustangs family, and looking forward to many successful seasons ahead.
Congratulations!! on your selection to the 2016 GHVCA FAB 50 Preseason Team
Jacqueline Lozier Zoe Neverdowski
Summer Open Gym Sessions
5:00-6:30 PM, Practice Gym (Gym 1)
Tuesdays/ Thursdays: 6/14, 6/16, 6/21, 6/24, 6/28, 6/30, 7/7, 7/12, 714
Sign up with Remind to recive VB information: Text @taylorvb1 to 81010
Fish Camp- 9th Graders
The coaching staff at James E. Taylor High School would like to invite you to our incoming freshman volleyball camp “fish camp” from July 25-27, 2016, at Taylor High School from 9:00-11:00 AM. The purpose of this camp is to meet and become familiar with the coaching staff, improve fundamental and technical volleyball skills, and give you the confidence you need to prepare for tryouts. Participation in fish camp is voluntary, but it is highly recommended. See register at bottom of page to the left to register.
COST...$25, which includes the price of a t-shirt. Cash and checks (made out to KISD) are accepted.
CAMP ATTIRE...Proper workout attire is expected. Shorts or spandex, a full coverage t-shirt (no tank tops, uncovered sports bras or sleeveless workout tops), comfortable court shoes and kneepads are required.
REQUIRED PAPERWORK...Each participant must have a CURRENT, UIL-approved physical on file before being allowed to participate in any of the camp activities. There will be no exceptions to this policy!
LATE REGISTRATION...The deadline for LATE registration online is July 26, 2016.
Congratulations to Sophie Mitchell for being named to the 2016 Greater Houston Volleyball Coaches Association (GHVCA) North All-Star Team! She will be competing in a tournament on Saturday, January 30, at Don Coleman Coliseum in Spring Branch ISD with and against the best volleyball players in the Houston area!
Congratulations to the following varsity players named to the 2015 19-6A All-District Teams:
Outstanding Defensive Player: Jessica Horgan
First Team: Jacque Lozier, Sophie Mitchell, and Zoe Neverdowski
Second Team: Baleigh Allen and Ryon Mefford
Honorable Mention: Emma Demmerle and Sarah Turney
Congratulations to Sophie Mitchell for signing a letter of intent to play volleyball at the University of New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana!
We are very proud of you!!
Congratulations to Jacque Lozier for being named Houston Chronicle's Female Athlete of the Week (for the week of September 8th)!
BE BETTER TODAY!