CHUCKERS PEE WEE FALL BALL 2016
Pee Wee Fall Ball is part of our RCBA 13U Pee Wee AA / AAA Program. 2016 Fall Ball is for graduating Mosquito players and players who have just completed their first Pee Wee season (i.e., 2004 & 2005 players) that are interested in playing Pee Wee AA / AAA in 2017.
The OBJECTIVE of Fall Ball at the Pee Wee level is, first and foremost, to provide an opportunity for the kids to play as much baseball as possible while the weather cooperates. We also want to introduce the players from Mosquito to Pee Wee baseball, and provide everyone a sense of the kind of Pee Wee program that will be available throughout the winter and into the spring and summer of next year. Fall is an “exhibition” season and will consist of a tournament, exhibition games, inter-squad games and practices. We will try to practice one afternoon/evening during the week and play games on Saturdays and Sundays.
The MANAGER is Scott Lunny, who also oversees the 13U Pee Wee AA/AAA program and is the AAA head coach. Scott will be assisted by parent coaches, as well as some older (Bantam and Midget) RCBA players.
In terms of COMMITMENT, we fully understand that the fall is a busy time with school and other sports, and we recognize that “in-season” sports (hockey, soccer, football, etc.) as well other commitments will, at times, take priority over baseball. We do not expect 100% commitment, but we do require parents to promptly reply when we ask about availability so that we can efficiently and fairly organize the coaches and roster(s), especially for games.
Our UNIFORMS will be existing Chuckers jerseys (primarily Gold), RC or Chuckers hats, with either gray or white pants and a blue belt. We expect the vast majority of players have these items from prior seasons. If you do not have a Chuckers jersey, please let us know and we will arrange for you to borrow one for the season. We will not be ordering new uniforms or hats for Fall Ball.
Chuckers Pee Wee Fall Ball begins in the last week of August. You must register at www.richmondcitybaseball.ca before attending practices or games. Practices will typically run for 2 hours.
An overview of the PEE WEE SCHEDULE for 2016-17 is as follows:
- Fall Ball -- September–October 10 (Thanksgiving), weather permitting
- Fall / Winter Training – November/December (TBA), January/February (TBA)
- AA Evaluations -- February 2017
- AA Spring Season (March–June 2015) -- depending on registrations, RCBA intends to field two 13U AA teams that play in a competitive BC Baseball organized league throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. These teams will be selected in the early spring. The remaining players form the RCBA Pee Wee A teams that play an inter-lock schedule with neighbouring associations.
- Summer Season (July–early August 2015) – at the Pee Wee level, RCBA will likely field AAA, AA and A all-star teams to compete in play-downs and (hopefully) Provincial Championships.
If you have any questions about the Pee Wee AA / AAA program or Fall Ball, please do not hesitate to contact:
RCBA 13U Pee Wee AA / AAA Chuckers
604-329-5308 | firstname.lastname@example.org