Mission and Purpose Statement:
“To promote excellence, good sportsmanship and character-building relationships among athletes, coaches and parents, as a selfless endeavor for the benefit of our program.”
GLORY DAYS is an action-oriented group of parents, volunteers and alumni working together to support the Yellow Jacket Basketball program, by extra curricular activities through financial and voluntary support. GLORY DAYS exists for the purpose of broadening the involvement of students, student families, the school and alumni through funding and supporting many aspects and needs of the Yellow Jacket Basketball program.
GLORY DAYS is the support extension for the entire program. Participation in GLORY DAYS is greatly encouraged. GLORY DAYS plays a significant role in helping to enrich the Yellow Jackets Basketball program and its associated extracurricular activities. Here is a list of objectives and activities which the GLORY DAYS booster club funds and manages:
· To support, promote and maintain a high standard of integrity and good sportsmanship in all basketball related activities
· To directly support the Head Coach with fundraising efforts, organizing volunteers and other activities to benefit our basketball athletes
· To promote and encourage more young men to get involved in our basketball program
· Provide athletic equipment, and accessories (as needed to augment the needs of our program when not supplied by the general booster club)
· Provide orthopedic medical doctors at all home games
· Provide the funds necessary for bus transportation and lodging to all out of town tournaments (regular season and/or playoffs)
· Provide end of the year coaching bonuses for Head Coaches(Freshman, JV and Varsity)
· Give-Aways of Prizes and Food at Games to Build Community and School Spirit
· Fund GLORY DAYS social events for members
· Awarding a scholarship to a Senior each Spring
GLORY DAYS basketball booster club will conduct itself in a manner which is free from bias and one which provides and equal opportunity and treatment for all. We are one united group with the sole intention of supporting and fulfilling the Mission Statement and Purpose Statement.
GLORY DAYS Basketball Booster Club is composed of a selected board with four members. Board terms will begin the first Thursday of October and will end the first Thursday of September the following year.