duPont Manual wins 5th district Title in a row with 11-9 Victory over Central HS
Posted May 25, 2017
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity took the lead for good in the sixth inning to capture a back-and-forth game from Central by an 11-9 score on Tuesday. The game was tied at eight with DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity batting in the bottom of the sixth when a runner stole home.
- Both offenses were strong at the plate as DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity collected 12 hits and Central 15
- Central captured the lead in the first inning. An error scored one run for Central.
- After Central scored one run in the top of the fifth, DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity answered with one of their own. Central scored when Antonio Lucas singled off of Jalen Riley, driving in one run. DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity then answered when Roman Blue walked Will Marquardt to drive in a run.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity scored seven runs in the third inning. The big inning was thanks to a error, a double by Jackson Murray, a triple by Aaron Sary, a single by Quintin Bynum, a double by Michael Diaz, a double by Riley Noe, and a single.
- Central scored three runs in the second inning. The big inning for Central came thanks to a single by Keith Hackett and a double by Trustin Harbin.
- Noe earned the win for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He pitched two and a third innings, giving up two runs, three hits, and striking out six. Blue took the loss for Central. He threw six innings, giving up 11 runs, 12 hits, and striking out six.
- Austin Bedell started the game for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He threw one inning, surrendering three runs, four hits, striking out one, and walking zero.
- Joey Minatel, Sary, and Noe each collected multiple hits for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. Noe, Sary, and Minatel all had two hits to lead DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity.
- Hackett, Layron Logan, Lucas, and Harbin each collected multiple hits for Central.
"Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.