Trinity Captures Lead Early to Defeat DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity
Posted May 9, 2017
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity fell behind early and couldn't come back in an 11-0 loss to Trinity on Tuesday. Trinity scored on a single by Brandon Pfaadt and a double by Doug Stough in the first inning.
- Trinity captured the lead in the first inning. Brandon Pfaadt singled on a 2-2 count in the first inning, scoring one run.
- A single by Jalen Riley in the third inning was a positive for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity.
- Pfaadt earned the win for Trinity. He pitched three innings, surrendering zero runs, one hit, and striking out eight. Nick Carroll threw one inning, as two relievers helped Trinity finish off the victory. Lukas Motley took the loss for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He tossed one-third of an inning, giving up five runs, five hits, and walking zero.
- Riley went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity in hits.
- Trinity collected 12 hits. Ben Metzinger, Andrew Arnold, and Pfaadt each collected multiple hits for Trinity. Doug Stough went 1-for-3 at the plate as he led the team with three runs batted in.
"Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.