DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity Drops Game to Pleasure Ridge Park After Late Score
Posted May 16, 2017
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity stayed in it until the end, but Pleasure Ridge Park pulled away late in a 6-3 victory on Monday. The game was tied at three with Pleasure Ridge Park batting in the top of the sixth when there was an error, scoring one run.
- Pleasure Ridge Park took an early lead in the second inning. A sacrifice bunt by Noah McDonald scored one run for Pleasure Ridge Park.
- In the top of the fifth inning, Pleasure Ridge Park tied things up at three. Matthew Cavanaugh drove in two when he singled in the fifth inning.
- DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity scored three runs in the third inning. DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity scored its runs on a double by Connor King.
- Garrett Schmeltz earned the win for Pleasure Ridge Park. He pitched seven innings, allowing three runs, eight hits, striking out 13, and walking one. Quintin Bynum took the loss for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He tossed two innings, surrendering three runs, two hits, and striking out one.
- Riley Noe started the game for DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity. He went four innings, giving up three runs, six hits, and striking out two.
- King led DuPont Manual Crimsons Varsity with three runs batted in. He went 1-for-3 on the day.
- Pleasure Ridge Park had eight hits in the game. Nick Rucker, Cavanaugh, and Jarrett Troklus each collected multiple hits for Pleasure Ridge Park. Pleasure Ridge Park was sure-handed in the field and didn't commit a single error. Troklus had the most chances in the field with 13.
"Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.