December 4, 2020
Attention: Baseball BC Membership (and affiliated clubs)
From: BC Amateur Baseball Association
Re: COVID – 19 UPDATE – Return to Phase 2.
Please note effective immediately, Baseball BC is requiring all member organizations and their clubs to move to Phase 2 of it’s Return to Play Guidelines (as of July 10, 2020). This Phase change is required by new Provincial Health Officer Orders put into effect on December 2, 2020.
This return to Phase 2 – July 10 is in effect province wide for all baseball organizations and includes the following additions or changes;
All baseball programming for athletes aged 19 years and older is suspended at this time.
Baseball programming for athletes aged 18 and younger can continue but:
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another (This is an increase to the previously required 2 metres).
- Activities should be low risk of transmitting the virus (e.g. individual activities, group training that maintains physical distance).
- Games, tournaments and competitions for teams are not allowed at this time.
Reminder of additional restrictions / requirements and measures required at this time are as follows:
- Spectators are not permitted at any sport activities. (This means no spectators at any games, competitions, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings.
- Strength training and dryland training are not permitted, unless there is a COVID 19 Safety Plan is in place for this type of activity that is strictly followed (see Regional Health Authority for your local requirements).
And as always;
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- All government expectations and requirements to be met, including viaSport Phase 3 Guidelines and the current PHO Orders.
All member groups and local associations are also required to review the new PHO orders and review and revise respective COVID-19 Safety Plans and Policies and adapt where necessary.
Finally, we would like to remind all member organizations and their clubs that local municipalities may have additional requirements for access and that they are encouraged to check with their facility partners for direction.
Please note Baseball BC will continue to monitor provincial health orders and direction from viaSport as they are made available and base all future programming adjustment decisions as required.
Details on Baseball BC’s RTP Guidelines can be found on our webpage at:
LOWER MAINLAND BASEBALL ASSOCIATION
2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1st – 3:00PM
The 2020 Annual General Meeting of the Lower Mainland Baseball Association will be convened on Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 3:00PM. Due to the Covid-19 conditions at the present time, the meeting format will be VIRTUAL.
Members of the LMBA Executive will be setting up a virtual meeting using a ZOOM format and it will be able to include a representative from each of our 38 teams and Executive members.
While many teams have been completely inactive for the 2020 season approximately 200 members registered under our Covid-19 format and their collective experiences will serve as an important starting point for the 2021 season.
The meeting agenda and format will be modified but it is important that ALL teams planning to return to play in 2021 organize a response to our meeting. Please have your team representative respond to LMBA Secretary Marke Andrews before November 1st.
A meeting agenda, a list of Executive positions up for nomination, and online information about connecting to the meeting will be forthcoming.
Contact Information for 2020 Annual General Meeting
Marke Andrews – LMBA Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org – All teams need to send the name and contact information for their team representative.
Dan Taylor – LMBA Commissioner – email@example.com – If you have any suggested items for the Agenda, please forward.
Time Everson – LMBA Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org – If you have any financial concerns, please contact Tim.
Look forward to seeing everyone on November 1st.