Charleswood Place Field Maintenance Position
Posted March 20, 2018
Charleswood Place Field is cuurently looking for a maintenance person for the 2018 season.
FIELD CREW AND FACILITY MAINTENCE STAFF
Winnipeg South Minor Baseball Association
Charleswood Place Baseball Facility
6390 Wilkes Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Winnipeg South Minor Baseball Association is currently accepting applications for the 2018 field crew and facility maintenance staff. The Charleswood Place Facility operates during regular season from mid-April to August with reduced operations from August through to October (Thanksgiving). One or two positions are available dependent on skills, maturity and availability of applicants. All staff will report to the VP of Facilities, Patrick Campbell.
Job Duties – Field Crew
- Infield grass cutting (push mower) on three diamonds. (Outfield grass cut by contractor).
- Grass trimming
- Dragging and maintaining infield base paths.
- Chalking base paths and setting bases.
- Painting field lines.
- Tarping fields and watering.
- Garbage pick-up and sorting recycling.
- General maintenance and cleaning.
- Washing equipment.
- Assist with repairing and maintaining diamonds.
- Follow field and safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Duties – Field Maintenance
- Supervise field crew and assist with scheduling/assigning staff.
- Collect timesheets.
- Inspect facility and equipment.
- Conduct weekly safety tailgate discussion.
- Check maintenance of all equipment and safety supplies.
- Mix fuel and get gas.
- Complete landscaping as required.
- Repair mounds, bullpens and home plate area.
- Confirm grass cutting contractor doing a good job.
- Accept deliveries at the field.
- Complete field crew duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
The following guidelines shall not at any time be construed as the limiting requirements to perform the work satisfactory.
- Proven reliability and responsible.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Have a Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience in operating push mowers, gas trimmers and utility vehicle with trailer.
- Safety training (WHMIS, ‘new worker‘ or other training) an asset.
- Experience with landscaping or sports field maintenance an asset.
- Experience supervising staff an asset.
- Safety boots and gloves required. Other safety equipment will be provided.
Hours of Work:
The hours of work are generally flexible. Fields are primarily used weekday evenings and weekends. Minimum hours are typically 2 - 4 hrs per day with a 20 – 40 hour work week dependent on staff availability and the number of employees hired.
$12.00 to $14.00 per hour. Wage to coincide with experience and duties.
Please apply by sending resume by email to:
Please address communication to Patrick Campbell, Winnipeg South Minor Baseball Association (WSMBA) Director of Facilities
Closing Date 6 April 2018
NOTE – Opportunity available for individuals who are retired, seasonal or other seeking casual employment or volunteer opportunities. Honorarium would be considered.